JUMP

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Genevieve remembers Denver

Well, we are back from our performance in Colorado, and after some reflection, I really think there were some note-worthy events that I would definitely call … well, amazing. HI-larious….Brilliant…And so, I reflect…

FIRST. Melissa. Passed out in the hotel room with the door wide open after eating a large bucket of fried chicken. Her huge Doc Martins are thrown on the floor, she is snoring, and Cartman’s voice saying “Respect my authoritah” can be heard from the parking lot. There is a Styrofoam container with chicken bones sticking out of it next to the bed, and her John Lennon sunglasses are staring at me from the cabinet when I walk in. All I can think is….

I can’t wait to partner with that later.







(A deadly combo)

SECOND. Just call me Liza.

I had my own dressing room with a piano, a chaise lounge chair, and a bathroom with a shower. For a second I thought to myself,

“WOWIE, Just call me Liza…Minnelli.”

As soon as I had set my things down, I went to the bathroom. As I was doing my business, I heard a really bad version of “The Entertainer” being banged out on the piano. It’s 8am. Who was this maniac?

I opened the door. “Mornin’ snowbird!”. John Lennon? NO.

T’was Melissa.



THIRD. Kate had not seen the double rainbow video on youtube. When we made references to it, she had no idea what was going on.

NOT ACCEPTABLE, we said.

And so, after a long night of rehearsing and sharing chicken and waffles, we cuddled up in bed as Jamila offered her computer for a double rainbow premier screening.

Kate’s life has never been the same.

FOURTH. Jamila. Glass. Epic. In her sleeping moo-moo (her snoo-moo). Dancing to the company’s very own live rendition of “Here Comes The Bride”. This is what happens behind closed doors, people.

Please enjoy:

LASTLY. I would just like to acknowledge how awesome this piece was. Kate Hutter is a maniac genius, who seems to ooze choreography from her mind cells. She is brilliant. This company is brilliant. I’m a lucky girl to be a part of it.

Our fearless leader. So badass.

- Genevieve, company member




No comments:

Post a Comment